Oh My Gosh!

It was rough!  I was off on Friday, but it was only to finish up items, take them to the convention center and set up.  It was not a good day.

Did I tell you I lost my cell phone?  Well, we bought a new one and the drama involved in getting it unlocked, and set up for me is not worth reliving.  However, my beautiful daughter took the phone and had it all ready for me on Friday morning.  My husband and I were going to her place of employment (8 miles away), and I blow the rear tire on the truck doing 70 miles an hour.  My husband thought I was messing around with the truck, and I had to explain the tire was blown, I was in the middle lane and needed to move over and everyone else is doing 75 and 80 miles an hour.  I finally pulled over, and I have never seen a tire that blew into smithereens like this one did.  We had to call a tow truck – not on my phone because my daughter still had it.  We had it towed to Wal Mart and they changed out the tire, and told us that the other three need new tires as well – to the tune of $800. Oh my goodness!  I didn’t get them yet – hopefully the truck will survive another two weeks – that’s when my car will be ready.

With my husband’s new knee, he’s not able to get up in the bed of the truck just yet.  So, I took it upon myself to load the entire truck with all  my dog beds, memory boxes, and fairy items.  It was 85 degrees with 97% humidity.  I was drenched in sweat and pissed off at the world.  We arrived at the convention center around 3:30 and I unloaded all that stuff again.  I realized just how old this body is – it doesn’t bounce anymore.  It lands with a hard thud.

I did sell some things though for which I was grateful.  I learned a lot about the dog beds – most people have large dogs like I do, and they need beds as much as the little dogs.  I’ve decided that the beds will be made to look like furniture.  With a big dog we don’t want cutesy things, we want something that is large and looks nice.  I did learn that.  I was able to sell two beds and a toy box so that gave me hope.

I also learned that the fairy houses are not part of me being crazy.  People really did like them and purchased them.  I’m not nuts!  So, I will continue with them as well.

The memory boxes didn’t go over so well.  I did sell three of them, and I think that had to do with size.  The largest one went first, and that told me something.  I’m not a total loss in anything I created, but I had to get out there and figure out what sells and what doesn’t.  I did make enough money to clear the entry fee and made a few bucks more.  I just have to figure out where to go from here, and make some improvements.

This has been the longest week!  I worked through Thursday last week, spent three days at the convention center, loaded and unloaded three times, and my house is a true hot mess.  But in the process of all of this, I literally dreamed of how to make better use of the craft room, and make a “she shed”.  Like that will ever happen.  But I have new ideas and so much to do!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Thanks so much for dropping by.  If you have any ideas please send them to me.  I’m up for them, and not completely devastated – just so tired!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s